Here are the top 5 things to look for when hiring an engineering intern:
- Technical skills: Look for candidates with strong technical skills in the relevant field of engineering.
- Passion for learning: Find an intern who is eager to learn and excited to take on new challenges.
- Communication skills: An engineering intern should be able to communicate effectively with others, ask questions, and work collaboratively.
- Problem-solving skills: Look for someone with strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to think creatively.
- Attention to detail: Find an intern who has a keen eye for detail and can spot and correct errors in complex systems.
These qualities are essential for a successful engineering intern who can contribute to the team and bring value to the company.
Use this template to find the right candidate.
Allow the candidate to introduce themselves to you and potentially other interviewers.
- Tell me about yourself
⚙️ General Interview Questions
Ask the interviewee the questions listed below:
- Have you previously interned as an engineer? What engineering experience did you acquire?
- Why do you want to be an engineer?
- Why did you pick our organization for an intern position?
- What do you appreciate most and least about engineering?
- What are the hard and soft skills that help you accomplish your work?
- What strategies do you use to keep yourself organized?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Any Questions for me?