Account Executive Interview Template
An account executive is a sales professional who is responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with a company's existing clients or customers. They work to ensure that clients are satisfied with the products or services they are receiving, identify new business opportunities with existing clients, and negotiate contracts and agreements. Account executives typically work closely with other members of a company's sales and marketing teams to develop and execute strategies for achieving revenue targets and increasing customer retention.
When conducting an Account Executive interview, some of the key things to gauge include:
- Sales Skills:
- Communication Skills:
- Business Acumen:
- Customer Focus:
- Industry Knowledge
Try now on Loopin!
- Tell me about yourself
This section of the interview is focused on the candidate's current role and responsibilities, their strengths and weaknesses, and their communication preferences. The interviewer may also ask about any mistakes the candidate has made in the past and how they handled them.
- Can you tell me your current roles & responsibilities?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Have you ever made a mistake that costed a client?
- Do you prefer email, phone or in-person communication with clients?
In this part of the interview, the interviewer will ask the candidate to describe their current or former role, their responsibilities, and how success was measured. The candidate will also be asked about their proudest accomplishment and what they would do differently to drive even more success. The interviewer may also ask about how the candidate's former VP would describe their strengths and areas for improvement.
- Can you describe to me your current/former role, your responsibilities, and how success is/was measured?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Knowing what you know now, walk me through what you would do differently to drive even more success?
- If I were to call your current/former VP, how would he or she describe what you’re doing well and the areas that you’re improving?
Finally, the interviewer will ask if the candidate has any questions about the role or the company. This is an opportunity for the candidate to clarify any uncertainties or ask for more information
- What inspired you to move to the next opportunity?
Overall, this interview template is designed to gauge the candidate's experience, strengths, and communication style to determine if they are a good fit for the account executive role.